Tuesday, April 12, 2011

School calendar has been finalized!

Yesterday I went through and made our school calendar. Since I'm not using any real textbooks, I decided I needed to figure out what our schedule looked like so I could see how many lessons I would need to plan.

Our Schedule for 2012-2013 school year
  • School starts on Sept. 6, 2011
  • School ends on June 7, 2012

Holidays we'll be taking off:
  • Veterans Day (Nov. 11)
  • Thanksgiving (Nov. 24-25)
  • Christmas (Dec. 22-Jan. 2)
  • MLK Day (Jan. 16)--will use this day as a "catch-up" day if needed
  • Presidents Day (Feb. 20)
  • Spring Break (Apr. 2-9)
  • Memorial Day (May 28)

I'm also including a few days in our schedule to be used as "catch-up days" if we find we need them.
  • Sept. 30
  • Oct. 28
  • Dec. 16
  • Feb. 17
  • Mar. 16
  • Apr. 20
  • May 18
This puts us in school for 178 days (public schools are in session for 180 days). I know we don't have to count days, just assure the state that we'll be getting 900 hours in during the school year. I know, I'm prolly over-thinking this all and doing so much more work than I need to, but I feel like I really need to be prepared (since being prepared helps me feel like I'm more in control).

2 comments:

  1. As long as we're not having ketchup days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Dalton did think that our "catch-up days" meant that we put ketchup on everything (what can I say, he can be as gullible as I was when I was younger...hee hee)

    ReplyDelete