Monday, April 11, 2011

Looking more and more like a reality

Well, I really think we're going through with doing a traditional homeschool next year. It's exciting, but scary at the same time. I took David (and Dalton) out to a teacher store yesterday, and you would have thought it was Christmas! David had no idea what kinds of resources we had available to us. We ended up getting a Social Studies book from the Mailbox that we will be using to plan out our Social Studies curriculum. He also got a poster about the Declaration of Independence (because it was a clearance item). :) Dalton also got a tornado tube (he's wanted to make a tornado for a while, but our attempts didn't meet with favorable results....). I also spent the evening figuring out how we would set up our schedule, and designing a lesson plan book that would cover each subject. Now, I know we'll have overlap in a lot of subjects, but I needed to lay it all out so that I knew that we weren't missing anything. I know, it's the over-planner in me. :) So, here's an overview of what our schedule is going to look like next year. The things highlighted in yellow are what David teaches. We have to have 900 hours for the school year, and the way I have it planned, we'll reach that no problems. I'm also building in "catch up Fridays" into the schedule every four weeks or so to allow us a day to catch up if we need it (if we don't need it, we'll consider it a free day).

1 comment:

  1. Overplanning? LOL

    You're just becoming more and more like ME all the time. Scary...

    I like what I'm seeing, love. Looking forward to implementing it all and seeing how it works.

    ReplyDelete