Saturday, April 16, 2011

Letter of intent has been written!!

After looking at various letters written by other homeschoolers, I think I have my letter of intent written! How does it look? Of course, I've left off certain aspects of the letter, but this is a big chunk of it.

This letter is to notify you that I will be home educating my child, Dalton (D.O.B.:), for the 2011-2012 school year.

I assure you that I will provide a minimum of 900 hours of education in the following topics: language arts, reading, spelling, writing, geography, history of the United States and Ohio, national, state, and local government, mathematics, science, health, physical education, fine arts, including music; and first aid, safety & fire prevention.

The instructional resources we will use shall include, but are not limited to: books and periodicals borrowed from the library; purchased books; other purchased or borrowed instructional materials, such as audio and video tapes, DVDs or compact discs; computer software; appropriate educational internet resources; radio and television programming; community-based classes and private instruction in specific subjects.

I also assure you that I have at least a high school diploma and that I will be the person teaching my child the subjects set forth in the paragraphs above.

Thank you for your courtesy and time. I look forward to receiving an excuse from compulsory attendance for the purpose of home education.

No comments:

Post a Comment